Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ways To Extract Hydrogen From Water

Rhetoric of Dom Juan



"Hypocrisy is a vice in fashion (V 2)




Dom Juan an incarnation of desire? ( "hubris" ? the "screw" ?)

A "great lord bad man" and a libertine ...


"Birth is nothing where virtue is not"


A "great lord bad man"
and a hypocrite ...

"All you needed was to be hypocritical for you to complete in every respect" (V 2)




www. tempoedialectique.blogspot.com


"That is my strong minds, who do not want to believe. " III, 5


" Your religion, what I see, is the arithmetic " (III, 1)



" - I think two and two are Four " (III, 1)




2 weights, two measures :

- Go, go, it's between heaven and I, and we disentangle well together, without thy meddling. (I, 2)

- I do not like the makers of remonstrance. (I, 2)

- What? You take good money for what I just said, and you think my mouth was in agreement with my heart? (V, 2)

- by pure political ploy useful, needed a face where I want to force me, to spare a father dint I need, and I take cover, the men's side (V, 2 )

- I do not mind, Sganarelle to confide thee, and I'm glad to have witnessed the depths of my soul and the real reasons which force me to do things. (V, 2)

- And why not? There are many others like me, who meddle in this business, and who use the same mask to deceive the world! (V, 2)

- Hypocrisy is a fashionable vice, and all fashionable vices pass for virtue. The character of a good man is best of all the characters that can play today, and the hypocritical profession has wonderful benefits. is an art of which fraud is always respected, and although the finds, one dare say anything against it. All the other vices of men are exposed to censorship, and everyone has the freedom to attack high, but hypocrisy is a vice prime , who in his hand, closes the mouth to everyone, and enjoys a rest sovereign impunity. It binds to force faces a close partnership with all the people away. (V, 2)

- I entertain low noise (V 2)

- I set myself up as censor the actions of others , judge evil of all the world , and will not have good opinion of me. "(v. 2)

- in this convenient excuse (V, 2)

- is the way to enjoy weaknesses of men, and that a wise mind adapts to the vices of his age . (V, 2)


*****


What to do with his "hubris" ?


to follow ...

"I recognize (and I refuse to recognize) in risky behavior" ...

correction duty of invention

www.tempoedialectique.blogspot.com


*****

"Oh poor girl you are, I pity your innocence, and I can not bear to see you run your misfortune." (II, 4)


What is a "nice person" ?


Read and reread The Princess of Cleves , Madame de La Fayette

then

Dangerous Liaisons, by Choderlos de Laclos

The Counterfeiters, André Gide

The Rapture Lol V. Steiner No, Marguerite Duras

Things , Georges Perec


www.tempoeroman.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment